- Mapping - I live close to the Norton Common nature reserve in Letchworth. Over the last few visits I’ve explored more of it so I can improve it on Open Street Map. I’m quite happy with where it’s at now, especially compared to the two paths mapped on Google’s version
- Offsite - Farewill usually has off-sites every couple of months. We had a virtual one this time around and was nice to get to speak to some of the newer joiners in the company. We split into much smaller groups and then split again into teams. It worked so much better than having all of us in a single Zoom meeting would have.
- Plants - I took a cutting from my Chinese Money plant which is doing well in a jar of water. I don’t understand why plants that need well-drained soil can also thrive in just water, I would love to know the answer but searching has lead me nowhere. Less happy is my Aloe Vera. I moved it to a sunnier sunny spot for it’s own benefit to see it go brown in sun-shock.
- Baking - As well as seeing some of the amazing things my sister has baked, I’ve made a Lemon Drizzle Courgette cake and Spiced Pear Muffins. Both of these are butter-less - Salt, Fat, Acid, Heat made me realise that I prefer the moistness and texture of oil-based cakes.
- Wavelength Remote - I adapted Wavelength so I could play it remotely with friends until the creators launch their app. It involved multiple cameras and asking people to close their eyes at certain points. It kinda worked. A friend has made a remote-friendly web-based game that uses a similar mechanic.